Lion's Mane mushrooms, also known as Hericium Erinaceus, have been traditionally used for medicinal purposes in China, Japan, and Korea. Here are some of the potential benefits of Lion's Mane mushrooms, supported by scientific research:
- Improved brain function: Lion's Mane mushrooms contain compounds called erinacines and hericenones, which have been shown to stimulate the growth of brain cells and improve cognitive function. They may also have neuroprotective effects and help reduce the risk of neurodegenerative issues.
- Reduced inflammation: Lion's Mane mushrooms contain antioxidants and other compounds that may help reduce inflamed tissues and prevent other health issues from occurring.
- Improved digestive health: Lion's Mane mushrooms contain polysaccharides that may help improve gut health by promoting the growth of beneficial gut bacteria and reducing inflamed tissue in the gut.
- Boosted immune system: Lion's Mane mushrooms contain beta-glucans, which have been shown to stimulate the immune system and improve the body's ability to fight off illness.
- Reduced mental agitation and sadness: Lion's Mane mushrooms may have mood-boosting effects and help reduce symptoms of anxiety and depression, possibly by increasing levels of the neurotransmitter serotonin in the brain.
Here at Enerhealth our Spagyric Lion's Mane extract is a dual extraction using organic ethanol and water using both fruiting bodies and mycelium. These extracts and super bio-available due to the presence of the spagyric process where we extract the mineral salts present in the fruiting bodies and re-introduce them into the extraction. Salt is one of the elements that your body craves and is almost immediately incorporated into your cells, taking the active and important compounds with them!
Overall, Lion's Mane mushrooms are a nutrient-rich food that may provide a range of health benefits. However, more research is needed to fully understand their effects on human health. It's important to note that while lion's mane mushrooms are generally safe to consume, people with allergies to mushrooms should avoid them, and it's always a good idea to consult with a healthcare professional before adding any new supplement or food to your diet.