How to Prevent & Bounce Back From the Flu
With flu season just around the corner we wanted to share some tips on how to prevent and bounce back from the flu.
- Keep well hydrated.
- Eat raw fruits and veggies daily, preferably half of your food intake.
- Avoid all dairy foods especially during an outbreak but also when congested. Raw dairy is fine but also best avoided when congested. Also avoid processed meats and any meat from animals raised with hormones and antibiotics. Avoid all processed foods, artificial sweeteners, hydrogenated oils, refined carbohydrates, high fructose corn syrup, MSG etc.
- Take apple cider vinegar in water daily. (1 tbsp in 4oz water) and or the juice of ½ a lemon in 4oz water.
- Take a high-quality greens formula such as Enerfood daily. Eat more greens in your diet such as kale, collards, beet greens etc.
- Use only extra virgin coconut oil to cook with. Use cold pressed olive or flax seed oil on salads.
- Get daily exercise and maintain an upright posture.
- Avoid public places during any outbreak.
- Wash hands thoroughly with natural vegetable-based soap. Avoid using antibacterial soaps, which kill the good bacteria on your skin. Washing off dirt and crud is all you need to do where hand washing is concerned. Use the same practice on your body.
- Eliminate fluoride from your water supply with a Berkey system or reverse osmosis. Also filter chlorine out of the water you use to shower with.
- Use only natural, non-chemical personal care products such as shampoos, soaps, creams etc. If you would not put it in your mouth, do not put it on your skin.
- Wear natural fiber clothing. This in itself has an effect on your body’s electro-magnetic field. Synthetic clothing weakens that field.
- Keep your living space free from clutter. Keep kitchen and bathroom surfaces clean. Use grapefruit seed extract to disinfect, mixed with water. Use 7 to 10 drops for a quart spray bottle. This is also a great gargle (2 drops to 2 oz warm water) for sore throats.
- In times of an outbreak use a quart spray bottle with the following essential oils in it; eucalyptus, pine, grapefruit, orange and lemon. Use 12-15 drops of each oil.
- Watch your emotions. Keep your stress levels low with deep breathing, good communication and a healthy lifestyle. Stress weakens the immune system.
- Take immune building herbs such as Astragulus, Ashwagandha, Shatavari and Siberian ginseng and also specific immune building supplements
Rebounding if you get the flu
- Take rocket fuel daily every hour for the entire length of the flu. You can prepare this at home using a blender. Take equal parts of raw onion, garlic, horseradish, habanero or cayenne pepper and ginger root and blend with apple cider vinegar.
- Follow all the recommendations outlined in the prevention section above.
- Eat 5 cloves of raw garlic 2-3 times daily. Chop finely. I suggest mixing it with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and ½ to a full mashed avocado. This is essential and easily obtained. You can spread this mashed mixture on a slice of unrefined whole-wheat or spelt bread. Keep it up until all signs of flu are passed. In an epidemic this could mean several days. Get used to the smell. It is far better than the alternative.
- In the case of respiratory flu, do an inhalation twice to three times daily by placing your head over a pan of very hot to boiling water with 3-4 drops of essential oil of eucalyptus mixed into the water. Place a towel over your head, close your eyes and breathe in the vapors. Adjust the temperature so as not to burn.
- Drink four or more cups of ginger tea daily. To make, take one ¼ inch round slice of ginger per 12 ounces of boiling water. Bring to a boil, and then simmer for 15- 20 minutes. Ginger is a diaphoretic herb and will help break a fever.
- Take 2 capsules of Daily Immune Support 3 times a day.
- Take a good Echinacea based formula 3-5 times daily. I recommend EchinOsha, a combination of Echinacea and osha roots.
- According to the Ontario Health Plan for an Influenza Pandemic published in September 2006 it is imperative to avoid places where large numbers of people are gathered, avoid being with anyone who is sneezing or coughing, keep hands clean etc. They maintain that masks are not an effective means for preventing disease prevention in an epidemic. They inform us how infectious microbes can remain active on hard surfaces for up to 48 hours and on clothing for up to 15 hours, it is easy to see why avoiding those who are sick is imperative.
- Use immune boosting herbs such as lomatium, OSHA root, garlic, oregano, sage, Oregon grape root and medicinal mushrooms such as those contained in Daily Immune Support, etc. During the flu pandemic of 1918 while native Americans were dying in large numbers from influenza, not a single case of death from influenza occurred amongst the Washoe Indian tribe who used lomatium root in treating those suffering from influenza.
- Should the flu have an intestinal component add myrrh tincture.
Go to https://enerhealthbotanicals.com/ for more products