Apple Cider Vinegar is a very useful tool for not only losing weight but for general health! Many people I speak with use it and are very happy with the way they feel over time. I use Bragg’s Apple Cider Vinegar. It comes in very handy when you make up salad dressings. A tablespoon a day can keep the doctor/pounds away!
For ages, apple cider vinegar (ACV) has been used as one of the most productive medicinal tools in reducing body weight. It is believed that the inclusion of AVC in your diet can help prevent numerous diseases and ill effects, helping to lead to an energetic, healthy life.
There’s the old saying, ”An apple a day keeps the doctor away”. Don’t you think that adages and sayings like these carry a bit of wisdom? Certainly they do! This adage, and others like it point out the immense importance of apples in diet. By turning the pages of history of medicine, we can find that even Hippocrates, father of modern medicine praised apple cider vinegar diet for its unique medicinal values. For ages, it had been used as remedy for many diseases.
Formation: It is obtained by the process of fermentation of apple juice into alcoholic apple cider. This alcoholic apple cider then interacts with oxygen which turns the alcohol into acetic acid. This acetic acid along with apple pectin forms the core of the finished product- apple cider vinegar.
Constituents: Shave derived that apple cider vinegar is a combination of ninety different substances including eight types of ethyl acetates, thirteen types of carbolic acids, eighteen types of alcohols, four types of aldehydes, twenty types of ketones, etc. It also contains minerals like Potassium, Calcium, Sodium, Magnesium, Iron, Phosphorous, Sulfur, Copper, Chlorine, Silicon, Fluorine etc. There are Vitamins like Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Provitamin beta-carotene etc. along with enzymes, potash and apple pectin, a dietary fiber.
Advantages of Apple Cider Vinegar in Diet: There are numerous advantages of ACV.
- Smooth metabolism functioning
- Reduction in cholesterol level
- Regulation of the cell water content in body
- Assistance in regulation of blood pressure
- Smooth functioning of circulatory system
- Assistance in maintenance of body temperature
- The list goes on!
It is a very safe supplement, with no known side effects. For a long time, it has been used as a tool for weight loss and circulatory health. Again, the pH of ACV is identified as very beneficial factor for the health.
1. Cholesterol Control – Increased levels of cholesterol is considered as the main reason behind heart attacks. Apple Pectin present in the Apple Cider Vinegar is basically a water soluble dietary fiber which absorbs the fats and cholesterol and then excretes it outside thus helps reducing its level.
2. Diabetes – Apple pectin, the dietary fiber also helps in absorption of glucose, thus reducing extra amount of glucose.
3. Arthritis – Arthritis is an inflamed condition of joints, caused by a build-up of toxic wastes in the tissues due to unhealthy life styles It has been reported that apple cider vinegar have a positive influence on the patients suffering from Arthritis.
4. Blood pressure – The potassium present in ACV is believed to be beneficial to both the heart and blood pressure.
5. Cold – Here it is believed that the Ph factor of ACV is instrumental. Prior to a cold, the pH of the body becomes a bit more alkaline. ACV helps to rebalance it.
6. Constipation – Often, improper bowel movements are blamed for constipation. As in old age, there is reduction in release of digestive enzymes like pectin, hydrochloric acid; more and more toxic waste products are retained and absorbed back by the body instead of throwing them out. With apple cider vinegar diet, we add fibers like apple pectin which helps in having proper bowel movements.
7. Diarrhea – Although, there are various reasons for diarrhea, ACV can offer a way for the body to get rid of harmful ingested compounds. The pectin in apple cider vinegar plays very important role to calm down the pain. As, the intestinal enzyme secretion transforms pectin into a kind of protective coating which pacifies the irritated inner lining of the colon.
8. Candida – Apple Cider Vinegar can be useful in the treatments of yeast infections like Candida caused by the unbalance of acid levels in the body. Douching by making a solution of ACV in Luke-warm water can get you rid off from the symptoms.
9. Indigestion – In intestine, Hydrochloric acid and pepsin, an enzyme are essential to proper break down the food which is then absorbed by body. Sometimes, intestine is unable to produce required amount of these enzymes which ultimately leads to the indigestion. However, ingestion of apple cider vinegar can assist in rebalancing this acidic environment and can be proved as effective medicine.
10. Metabolism – Liver plays a crucial role in the metabolism process. If the food is not metabolized properly, it will result in the weight gain by the body. For centuries, ACV is used in assisting liver to detoxify the toxins and in helping in the digestion of rich, fatty foods, and for proper metabolizing of proteins, fats and minerals into the required byproducts.
11. Fatigue – Due to the overexertion by muscles extra amount of Lactic acid is produced and we call the stage as fatigue. Amino acids present in the apple cider vinegar interact with this lactic acid and break them down. Moreover, potassium present in ACV helps to regain more energy and vitality.
The list has no end. Apple Cider Vinegar is believed to help in conditions like, nasal congestion, chest congestion, sore throat, stiff joints, headaches, cataract, depression and so many. The biggest advantage it carries is of help in reducing the body weight.
In many ways, Apple Cider Vinegar Diet Helps. It is recommended that you should take three teaspoons of apple vinegar before each meal. While you may face some difficulty in swallowing three teaspoons initially, with a practice over a few days you can make a habit of it!! So, begin your new healthy, revitalized journey with apple cider vinegar!